In the show, Tim asked me a detailed series of questions that covers pretty much every single aspect of what’s new in Shortcuts for iOS 14 on iPhone and iPad.1
On episode 41 of Smart Tech Today, Mikah and I talked about the following:
The Google Assistant has added some new homeschooling features to its smart displays and speakers, including a school bell and random facts delivered throughout the day. Apple and UCLA are working together on a depression study. Mikah and Matthew answer and share a whole host of listener questions and feedback, respectively.
On this episode of Smart Tech Today, Mikah and I talked about industry news as well as headlines around Microsoft, Google, and Amazon – and Mikah’s excellent tech for tracking health data.
Plus, we’re at episode 40! Thank you very much for listening. 🙏
- CES 2021 in-person show canceled, will be held online | Android Police
- Belkin has a new WeMo plug | Macrumors
- Mellow made its ‘smart’ sous vide machine dumb unless you pay a monthly fee | The Verge
- Microsoft is shutting down Cortana on multiple devices, including iOS and Android | The Verge
- Microsoft’s new Family Safety app offers parental controls across phones, PCs and Xbox | TechCrunch
- Google Smart Display Games Go Live | Forbes
- Google AR animals now include 23 beetles, butterflies, cicadas, and other insects | Android Police
- YouTube is doing away with community-driven captions and translations | Android Police
- Amazon doesn’t sell Echo speakers at a loss, says Bezos — unless they’re on sale | The Verge
- Amazon bought Ring for market position, not technology, emails suggest | The Verge
Mikah’s Automated Health Tracking
Picks of the week
Links for the show:
I had the pleasure of being a guest on episode 353 of the Clockwise podcast from Relay FM, joining Brianna Wu, Jason Snell, and Dan Moren for a 30-minute round table discussion of the week’s news.
We talked about Apple silicon and what it means for gaming as well as whether we’ll be buying the first round of Macs, our beta-installation strategies, and how to use Shortcuts for public good.
On this episode of Smart Tech Today, Mikah and I talked about:
- Our experiences testing new beta health and Accessibility features,
- Apple’s focus for their sleep efforts,
- Google’s acquisition of North,
- More updates for Google Assistant in the smart home, and
- Mikah’s new security system
On episode 35 of Smart Tech Today, Mikah and I talked about:
- NASA’s innovative open-source project related to COVID,
- New hardware releases for outdoor cameras and security systems,
- Accessibility for sound recognition and assistant reminders,
- Google’s major updates during Voice Global 2020, and
- More updates on Shortcuts & automation from Apple’s WWDC
Plus, I included a special scoop about a new action in Shortcuts I haven’t seen anywhere else – enjoy!
On this episode of Smart Tech Today, Mikah and I talked about Google Assistant adding Podcasts and recipes to its Snapshot feature, the NBA’s use of the Oura smart ring to detect COVID-19 symptoms in players, and Apple’s whole host of updates for the smart home – and what’s new with Siri Shortcuts.
On this episode of Smart Tech Today, Mikah and I talked about grill follow-up, using Anonymous Camera for protests, tech companies responding to Black Lives Matter, the latest Sonos news, and automation during the pandemic:
Recorded June 11th, I had the privilege to be on Andru Edwards and Jon Rettinger’s podcast Geared Up.
We had a great conversation where I told them all about Siri Shortcuts, plus we covered Andru’s YouTube situation, Apple’s worldwide developer conference (WWDC) & the transition to ARM Macs, and the PS5 announcements – here are the show links:
On this episode of Smart Tech Today, Mikah and I talked about protests & activism, smart home news, and two great picks of the week: