After a meeting with someone new yesterday, I realized there was a few places where I could have used the Shortcuts app to speed up the processes around our encounter.
Before the meeting, I was headed somewhere new and needed to figure out how to get there on time.
During the meeting, I was fumbling with my phone a bit, handing it to them to type in their contact information, and didn’t have an easy way to share mine either. Plus, I dealt with everything after the meeting too – writing down notes, sharing my info, and following up later.
From all this, I noticed a few repeating patterns, that could be automated using mostly default apps – the data I need already exists or can be entered on the fly.
So, I came up with a few jobs to be done:
- Knowing when to leave to get to the meeting on time
- Getting directions to the meeting when it’s time to leave
- Sharing your “business card” contact information
- Logging someone else’s contact information
- Taking helpful meeting notes afterwards
- Following up with them the same day (or later)
- Scheduling that follow up if it’s not today