Welcome to the first issue of “What’s New in Shortcuts?” – thank you for signing up!
I look forward to sharing more about how to use Siri Shortcuts so everyone can learn more.
With that, here’s what’s new this week:
🌬 CHECK YOUR AIR QUALITY
With wildfires raging across the West Coast of the United States, it’s worth learning more about the Air Quality Index and what your score means:
- “Hey Siri, what’s the air quality?”
Get the quick information you need to make health decisions.
- “Hey Siri, get the detailed AQI”
For when you want to see just how bad the smoke really is.*
- “Hey Siri, weather report”
Turn Siri into your own mini meteorologist.
🗓 GET READY FOR THE EVENT
Apple has their fall keynote this week – use these shortcuts to get set up:
- “Hey Siri, add the Apple event to my calendar”
Make sure you remember to tune in for Tuesday’s event.
- “Hey Siri, time for the Apple event”
Set up your TV for watching the Apple event from home.
- “Hey Siri, take notes on the Apple event”
Open back to the same note throughout the event to write down your thoughts.
- “Hey Siri, tweet my hot take”
Now it’s easy to make the same joke as everybody else at the same time.
- “Hey Siri, open Rene’s Apple Twitter lists”
Put this one in your Shortcuts widget – and trust in Rene Ritchie’s curation.
🆕 PREPARE FOR iOS 14
With iOS 14 likely to release soon, it’s time to start learning more about what’s new in Shortcuts this year:
- “Hey Siri, open the Shortcuts Catalog”
Get back to the Catalog anytime you want – without opening a new tab either.
- “Hey Siri, tune in to iPad Pros”
Episode 90 and 91 covers everything new with Shortcuts in iPadOS 14 (featuring myself as a guest).
- “Hey Siri, tune in to Magic Rays of Light”
Episode 4 of Sigmund Judge’s Apple TV show covers the new Apple TV Remote actions – and more (featuring myself as a guest).
🔄 CATALOG UPDATES
- Watch my walkthrough of the Shortcuts Catalog and the exclusive members content.
Subscribe for more videos once iOS 14 hits and streams after major updates.
- “Show Result” has new info discovered in my Wednesday livestream
Catch future shortcuts-building sessions on Twitch.
- Members can get the new “Read Later” folder now available in prerelease
I moved to Pocket – story coming later, but members get the shortcuts now.
Stay well everyone – hope you enjoy this week’s Apple event!