Hello – this week is lowkey one of my most exciting weeks for Shortcuts, despite a bit of a lull until the next version of iOS comes out…
Plus we’ve got some fun app updates for now and our ear towards the future:
🆕 NEW THIS WEEK
I’ve revamped my Shortcuts Library (plus my membership shortcuts) — and I was on Automators!
- Check out the new & improved Shortcuts Library
My Shortcuts Library portion of the Catalog has been entirely updated, combining hundreds of actions into a set of 25 shortcuts that dig deep into each area they’re created for and provide a whole new way to utilize the functionality I’d previously made available across a lot of shortcuts. Check out the collection and add them to your own library!
- Sign up to get my advanced Membership shortcuts
My membership shortcuts collection has also been updated with a matching set of 25 more advanced shortcuts dedicated to more particular workflows or apps that I’m utilizing. This collection will be the main resource I’ll be updating weekly, with member shortcuts moving to public release after I publish content or processes around it – there’s a fancy new gallery to make them easy to grab too.
- Automators #70: Matthew Cassinelli and Changing Your Shortcuts Usage
My episode of Automators with David Sparks and Rosemary Orchard has gone out – we talked for 96 minutes about everything Shortcuts, my whole new approach to Shortcuts, and what we want out of the service going into iOS 15. Make sure to listen to the episode, and subscribe to the show.
🔗 LINKS SINCE LAST TIME
MacStories makes Shortcuts wishes, Overcast gets an update, and Taio is out:
- Shortcuts Wish List, 2021 Edition | AppStories John Vorhees and Federico Viticci made their own list of improvements they want to see in Shortcuts in iOS 15 – listen to the AppStories episode to see their takes.
- Overcast improves Siri and Shortcuts support | Twitter Overcast has been updated for iOS 14 and in addition to its wholly updated Apple Watch app experience, developer Marco Arment has updated his Shortcuts support to allow for parameters and rich details from his set of actions, as well as deeper proper Siri support for making full requests to play a particular podcast in one go.
- Taio app releases for iOS and iPadOS | Taio The new Taio app, a markdown editor with text actions for automating the writing experience, has been released this week – check out their set of in-app capabilities, plus the features they’ve extended out to Shortcuts.
Have a good week!